Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Chennai Calling!

Hey buddy!
Been a long time huh? Been busy… what with the shifting and settling in Chennai and battling boredom and laziness!

It's been almost a month since classes got over..spent half a month at home living the perfect life..wake up at 10 a.m, sit in front of the TV for an hour, brush teeth and then have a huge brunch, sit in front of the TV again, then switch to the laptop when you get bored, then switch back to the TV when the laptop gets boring..erm...u get the drift right? ;D

For the first time in my life I spent Vishu away from home! I could've spent Vishu in Dubai or Venice I would have been happy..but nooo! I had the fate of spending what could be the most crucial Vishu of my life in the heart of Paandiland! Chennai! The big oven! The city where the sun dwells! The land of the crispy fried humans! Sigh! And the Vishu Kanni i saw? I saw the ceiling fan spinning at a blurring speed..looks like my years going to be just like that..I,m gona be spinning around Chennai in the blinding heat all year! Oh joy! I simply can't wait!

Works been ok so far..because we had no work to do! Heheh! We've been sitting in the a/c all week under the guise of ''training''. Heheh! But all that’s about to end. We will be given targets and list of prospects in a couple of days time and that will be the end of our honeymoon! Soon it will be goodbye a/c..hello scorching heat! Again..oh joy!

But i guess Chennai is a fun city. Though nowhere as cool as Bangalore baby! It's one helluva big sprawling city! Its like a maze..you simply don’t know how to get from one place to the next..you don’t know which bus to take coz they all have similar sounding numbers..the metro trains are awesome but you don’t know how to get to the station..the autos are the most convenient and the most crooked of the lot..these guys will rob you off your underwear if you bend down in front of them! Well the upside is that my bargaining skills are getting better day by day haggling with these auto crooks!

We all went for our convocation! We all wore that stinking, hot, Jamabavaan age dated convocation gowns n marched into the seminar hall to the drum beats that the slaves in ancient Rome marched to. Man do those hats itch! I had to come home and shampoo twice to stop my head from itching! I think they've been using the same convocation getup since the 1st batch..which means I was wearing 17 years of accumulated sweat and filth on my head! YUUCK!

But you will never guess what the upside was! The food! Yeah! For the 1st time in all the 2 years we spent in college they actually served us delicious food! Chicken, mutton, ice cream! I had four ice creams! They siphoned off 7 lacs in 2 years..i woud’ve ate through 7 lacs worth of ice creams but they closed shop after i attacked the ice cream counter n cleaned them out of 4 ice creams in 4 mins! Heheh!

Then there was the convocation party! People jumping around and yelling like someone dropped a fishy in their underwear! Heheh! But again the food was awesome! N this time i cleaned their food counter out of 9 bowl of ice cream smothered in chocolate syrup! Huhuhahah! Buuurp! ;p

Then before I knew it I was back in Chennai sitting in my office staring at the white board on which my target is written wondering how in the world I was sell enough plastic to meet my targets! Ellaame kadavul kadaaksham! Heheh! ;D

Wokay then brother! Have to get back to work! Lotsa sitting around and staring to do! Heheh! Catch you later bro! As always put in a good word to the big man upstairs for us!

Bye bye!
Ur buddy,
Vijay

P.S. We miss you...

No comments:

Post a Comment